As a US citizen living abroad, your tax filing requirements are basically the same as if you lived in the USA…
So, you need to file Federal for sure, and depending on the source of your income, possibly, a State and City return, as well. We can help you with individual tax return preparation to ensure you are organized and ready to file.
At Expatriate Tax Returns, we have the knowledge and experience to handle all of your tax filing needs online, so you can start the process from the convenience of your computer. Utilize our website for individual tax return services and see how easy it is to file.
WE PREPARE EVERY FORM THAT APPLIES TO YOUR UNIQUE SITUATION AND GIVE YOU ALL THE SPECIAL TAX DEDUCTIONS YOU DESERVE.
Common forms prepared and provided with your return
- Individual Federal Forms 1040
(A, EZ, or X, as needed)
- Schedule A – Itemized Deductions
- Schedule B –Interest/ Dividends
- Schedule C – Profit/Loss from a Small Business
- Schedule D –Capital Gains/Losses
- Schedule E—Rental Property/K-1’s
- Schedule EIC –Earned Income Credit
- Schedule F – Farm Income/Loss
- Schedule H –Household Employee
- Schedule SE –Self-Employment Tax
- IRS Form 1116 –Foreign Tax Credit
- IRS Form 2555 –Foreign Income Exclusion
- All other related forms from #1099-9465
- All US States—Individual, Small Business, Franchise Returns
- All US Cities—Individual, Small Business*
All returns are prepared to determine the best use of the Foreign Income Exclusion and/or Foreign Tax Credit. When you use our individual tax return services, our dedicated staff will help you find the solutions that will benefit you most.
*Most cities do not offer e-filing services at this time. If you require a city tax return, a file ready return will be provided to you.
If you have questions regarding individual tax return preparation, contact our experienced staff. We are happy to assist you.